Sunday, August 31, 2014

Game Time Practice by Michael Jordan and Arnold Jacobs

"During every practice I spend time imagining myself playing in the game so when the actual game comes it's no big deal because I've already done it all."  -  Michael Jordan

"There should be a period of time during each practice session when you perform. Invite some friends in to your practice room and play a passage or a page of something. ... What I'm trying to indicate is that each day should contain some amount of performing. You should engage in the deliberate act of story telling each day you practice. Don't only gather information when you practice, spend time imparting it. This is important."  -  Arnold Jacobs 

Note: These are two of many valuable quotes compiled by Michael Grose, Principal Tuba in the Eugene Symphony and Associate Professor of the Oregon School of Music. #jakeped 

4 comments:

KCooke said...

I was lucky enough to attend a masterclass with Mr. Jacobs while I was in graduate school. He was a gifted teacher with a sense of humor as well as seriousness of purpose. Much of our class focused on breathing techniques, which continues to resonate in my current practice.

yanmaneee said...

coach outlet sale
nike sneakers
nike air max 90
balenciaga triple s
ultra boost
hermes handbags
nike epic react
adidas stan smith shoes
christian louboutin
lebron 11

toatea said...

this content this contact form check my blog replica bags from china check this site out Dolabuy Celine

mcshesea said...

j9j80a8d29 t5r55q0a61 l6h53a9a12 d3t93g1q49 j0z03p2d79 j5d99v1u33